Best Buddies

Thursday, May 5, 2011

A Day at the Races

Georgia here. It is now sleddoggery season, and I participated in my first race recently. It was canicross, where we doggies pull a running human. It's pretty hard for us because we have to drag this heavy, slow thing behind us without the help of wheels like our other sleddogery sports. If the human is fast, it's not so bad. The only consolation for us is that it is twice as hard for the poor human who is trying to keep up with us while not tripping on tree roots, slipping in the mud, etc.

Here is Dakota after her race. She ran with mom and took fourth:


And here I am.  I ran with dad, and we took fifth:


We were both pooped puppies on the drive home:


But in her usual fashion, Dakota recovered quickly:


In my usual fashion, I went back to sleep:


Or tried to:


Dakota sure made herself comfortable at my expense:


Here is the drive home. You can't see it very well, but there is part of a rainbow in the middle:

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun and fulfilling day for woos!

    Cheers
    Maxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can imagine it was quite a chore having to luge a human behind you because we are always having to do it around here. They are just too darn slow! It's amazing that can even finish the race!!! BOL! Congratulations on your placements. Sounds like you all had a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! We are here by way of RA Husky's blog. Looks like you had a fun and busy day! You deserve a good rest! Hope you'll stop by and visit us sometime...we love making new friends!

    ReplyDelete